Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Dream On, Amber by Emma Shevah

Dream On, AmberDream On, Amber by Emma Shevah
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this book as part of the 2017 Hub Challenge and winner of the Odyssey Award. I loved Amber's voice, her illustrations- she was a great kid who missed & felt keenly growing up without a father. Amber is starting middle school and the first week is awful with little sister, Bella being bullied, sending letters to their dad who does not live with them anymore, no friends and a bully who wants to throw her into a trash can at school. I loved Amber's phobia about germs, dirt, cat litter! She can't confide her sadness, fears, and angst to anyone- so she creates a dad by drawing him, then telling him all her cares, hopes, dreams. Amber is the kind of heroine middle school kids will love- she is humorous, a great sister, and awesome at drawing! A totally enjoyable emotional read!

View all my reviews

No comments: