Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr

a href="https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30849412-the-one-memory-of-flora-banks" style="float: left; padding-right: 20px">The One Memory of Flora BanksThe One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Many thanks for my reading friend, Maureen for this compelling read. I loved Flora, she was mighty, she was brave and oh was she trapped by her memories because she has a type of amnesia and only remembers from the age of ten. Now she is 17, she kisses her best friend's boyfriend and surprise of surprises, SHE REMEMBERS this memory and what results is an adventure, scary, and true. As she follows her memory to the Arctic, Flora has this one memory but others like her brother who she loves desperately present themselves on pictures and emails she trades with him. I loved the way Emily Barr unfolded this gem of a book with Flora's memory of the boy and the kiss, but also her daily schedule, interactions with others, and her notes (loved those notes). I rooted for Flora and loved the delicious ending to this book!

View all my reviews

No comments: