Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Choksi

a href="https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25203675-the-star-touched-queen" style="float: left; padding-right: 20px">The Star-Touched Queen (The Star-Touched Queen, #1)The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed listening to this first in a series about a girl in a harem court who has been raised with a horrible horoscope of death and bad luck. Priya Ayyar was an excellent narrator; I especially liked her throaty vice for the demon horse, Carmella who only wants to take a bite out of people, but ends up being Maya's friend and protector. I was hypnotized by the Raja, Amar and rooted for him since Maya had so many other evil characters who wanted to tear her away from Amar. The world building was beautiful, the adventures were many, and the continued mystery was fantastic! I could not stop listening and I have already downloaded the 2nd book!

View all my reviews

No comments: