Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova

Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1)Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow, I loved this book about witches (girls are brujas and boys are brujos), magic, and family. Taking place in Brooklyn, Alex does not want the magic that will be hers on her DeathDay ceremony and what she does to stop the magic is horrendous - she inadvertently banishes her family to LosLagos (a magical underworld). In order to get her family back, determined, confused Alex joins with bad boy brujo, Nova and her best friend, Rishi, entering the mysterious underworld and performs much magic trying to defeat the enemies who keep her family and many others prisoners. I loved the Latin American culture, gods and goddesses, and assorted creatures - I look forward to the 2nd book!

View all my reviews

No comments: