Monday, July 31, 2017

Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2) by Kiersten White

Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga, #2)Now I Rise by Kiersten White
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this 2nd audiobook in Kiersten White's The Conqueror Saga! Fiona Hardingham's narration of men, women and children in epic historical fiction saga is thrilling as the narrative pits Lada Dracul against the world once again. Other than her loyal soldiers - her brother Radu has chosen to stay with Sultan Mehmed even though Radu's piercing love for Mehmed will never be returned, no one but Lada will herlp her become Wallachia’s prince and oh what a brutal path she weaves to achieve her kingdom. I can't say I really like any of these 3 main characters, they are very flawed - Mehmed and Lada are both egotistical and Radu was just such a pitiful character. The only 3 deep characters are Nasira and Fatima, a strong lesbian couple; Nasira marries Radu and she totally supports Radu and is completely honest with him about Mehmed even though Radu does not listen. The 3rd authentic character is Cyprian from Constantinople and Radu is just really disappointing with his constant choice of Mehmed over everyone. The siege for Constantinople changes the spying Radu but his choice of Mehmed even after is unbelievable and tragic. I loved the historical research that made this book one I could not stop listening to, and I can't wait for the next book!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: