Sunday, April 9, 2017

Kill the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky

Kill the Boy BandKill the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I listened to this book as part of the 2017 HUB Reading Challenge for awesome audiobooks. Barrett Wilbert Weed did a spectacular job of narrating all the girls voices, the guys in the band and all of the British accents were perfect. But that is all I can say- performance great but I HATED the story! The main character, Lydia is an unreliable narrator - she kept saying she was going to the police about band boy, Rupert P being tied up in the chair in their room - but she never does and her reasoning was just so awful- meant to be funny but just weak excuses to me. All of her friends were not really her friends and as they get deeper and deeper into the Rupert P mishap, things just keep getting more and more ridiculous. So I was not a fan of these fan girls, not a fan of the story but I did like the narrator's performance.

View all my reviews

No comments: