Sunday, August 6, 2017

Close To Home (Tracy Crosswhite #5) by Robert Dugoni

Close to Home (Tracy Crosswhite, #5)Close to Home by Robert Dugoni
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thank you to NetGalley and Thomas & Mercer for the thrilling ARC, Close to Home by Robert Dugoni. I love all the books in the Tracy Crosswhite series but this latest was superior. A young, black teen on his way home after basketball practice is hit by a car and killed. As Tracy and Kins investigate, this case will become more problematic as a stolen car takes them to the Navy and a suspect. Their partners, Faz and Del, are also trying to find out who supplied the deadly heroin to Del’s drug addicted niece. What a delicious and wild ride as this detective and mystery novel kept me turning the pages. Of course, I love the Tracy and Dan subplot and really enjoyed getting to know more about Del and his family. Dugoni’s characters in this series are well drawn;I could not put down this book, I loved the plot with all its twists & turns. New characters such as Leah Battles, the determined Navy lawyer who rides her bike to and from work and does Krav Maga (loved this aspect of her training) kept me on my toes. The lawyer, Celia, who keeps Del and Faz resolute in their tracking of the heroin supplier killing multiple teens in the Seattle neighborhood is a ripped from the headlines trauma affecting many communities today. Dugoni’s story was a taut, suspenseful mystery with many angles as Tracy and her team try to figure out who is guilty. Such a surprising, great ending with lots of adrenaline and an awesome Epilogue. I recommend reading the Acknowledgments at the end of this book, so good and enlightening; it says so much about Robert Dugoni as an author and person that makes Tracy and her team real. As a result of this psychological thriller, I LOVE reading Robert Dugoni novels, I can’t wait for #6 in the Tracy Crosswhite series! This is a must-read series.

View all my reviews

No comments: