Thursday, May 28, 2015

Top Ten Tuesdays - Books I Plan to Have in my Beach Bag This Summer


Top Ten Tuesday is a fun meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  For more information, or to join the fun yourself, check out their blog!

To Books I Plan to Have in My Beach Bag

When I was a librarian (retired 2 years ago) I would take boxes of YA books home to read for fall book talks.  This summer I am going to need boxes again! I will read YA, Adult, and Middle Grade books. 

I am going to catch up on adult reads- so many great recs from friends and family!!!

1-The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd

2-The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling

3-The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown

4-Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult

5-Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

6-Save Me by Lisa Scottoline

7-The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

8-The Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline

9-The Good Lord Bird by James McBride

10-All the Light We Cannot See by A Doerr

11-Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

My YA Books- Many recommendations from blogs:)

1-The Living by Matt de la Pena

2-The Hunted by Matt de la Pena

3-Belzhar by Meg Holitzer

4-The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy by Jenny Han

5-Enclave by Ann Aguirre

6-Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

7-Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

8-Happy Again by Jennifer E. Smith

9-Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCouer

10-The Knife of Never Letting Go Trilogy by Patrick Ness

Middle Grade Books (all recommended by The Nerdy Book Club)

1-Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin

2-Fish in a Tree by Linda Mulally Hunt

3-Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan


No comments: