Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B by Teresa Toten

The Unlikely Hero of Room 13BThe Unlikely Hero of Room 13B by Teresa Toten
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to this audiobook because my friend, Tiff Emerick highly recommended it and also as part of the 2016 Hub Challenge. What a great book about friendship, battling OCD, first love and the crushing feelings/lies/secrets have on teens. Adam is the main character struggling with OCD and we meet him as part of an OCD support group (loved his therapist!!!) and I especially enjoyed their nicknames as a way of working through their discussions, therapies, and life. There is so much humor to help level the angst that these teens grapple with. Robyn and Adam's growing friendship totally sucked me in, loved them, their support for each other, and their love for each other. The hoarding and letters Adam's mom received are examples of the lies/secrets I hated that Adam felt he could not share...It was good to see Adam's other family where his little brother, Sweetie totally idolized him and his Dad and Stepmom loved and worried about him. I wish there had been another ending...but this a book I highly recommend for teens.

View all my reviews

No comments: