Friday, September 23, 2022

Tony's Wife by Adriana Trigiani

Tony's WifeTony's Wife by Adriana Trigiani
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is my first Adriana Trigiani book I read after hearing this full of life author speak in Avalon, NJ this summer with my reading buddy and Drexel Lacrosse mom, Becky Avato. I loved this book and will read more---ChiChi was such a great, conflicted character, I loved her family, The Donatelli's. Tony was complex but not a man I admired. I loved the Sea Isle shore and the travels across and around the country. I did not like so much Tony and his "life" and what it did to so many. There were certain parts of the story I wanted to know more about but I realized we were covering the life of these two "famous" singers, songwriters. I just finished listening to Chemistry Lessons by Bonnie Garmus about a strong misunderstood woman during the 50s and 60s...ChiChi was like Elizabeth Zott but ChiChi was not able to fulfill herself---she had a family and a husband to take care of and she outdid herself with her mind for business, songwriting, and family stability. ChiChi has so much important introspection unlike Elizabeth Zott, and she has a family who loves and supports her. I loved this Italian extended family and want to read more of Trigiani's books but I want to read more "successful" female, family stories---I will try her latest and see what happens:)

View all my reviews

No comments: