Friday, December 16, 2022

If the Shoe Fits (Meant to Be, #1) by Julie Murphy

If the Shoe Fits (Meant to Be, #1)If the Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love this new book in a Julie Murphy series, a modern take on the Cinderella story. Cindy is on a plane to visit her stepmother (famous reality queen of modern dating shows), step sisters and triplets. She meets Henry (Prince Charming) on the plane has a great conversation and there it ends --- until Cindy decides to join her stepsisters and enter a dating game show and low & behold the SUITOR is Henry. I loved the story (but I did not like the intense scenes on the dating shows and between the contestants) and root for Cindy and Henry and enjoyed the many plot twists. I really liked so many of the characters (except nasty Allison) and learning about textiles and design. The emphasis on family and friends was nice and authentic. I can't wait to read the 2nd book in the series!

View all my reviews

No comments: