Wednesday, February 22, 2023

The Christmas Bookshop by Jenny Colgan

The Christmas BookshopThe Christmas Bookshop by Jenny Colgan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Awesomely Narrated by: Eilidh Beaton, I read this on Hoopla as part of my library subscription. I love Jenny Colgan books and MaryAlice, my librarian friend told me about this and highly recommended it. I loved the voices of Carmen and Okie, especially Okie's Brazilian drawl! I loved the plot, poor Carmen who has not ever done anything the way her family wants, has been given a challenge to work in a bookstore- she ends of really enjoying saving this store and filling it with Christmas decorations, books, and watching the sales roll in. Not without drama, Carmen's choice of books to read bring children to tears and parents marching them out of the store. Carmen also has a dalliance with an author who does an appearance at the store. There is conflict with her sister and also the nanny, but Carmen and the kids enjoy each other. Such an enjoyable listen!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: