Saturday, June 10, 2023

The Many Daughters of Afong Moy by Jamie Ford

The Many Daughters of Afong MoyThe Many Daughters of Afong Moy by Jamie Ford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Many thanks to Cara McBrien for giving me this book to read! I really enjoyed all the daughters & Afong Moy as I read about their lives, romances, hardships and issues dealing with trauma, bias, and secrets. The theory of transgenerational epigenetic inheritance was so new to me and I will certainly be reading more- especially the book in the afterward that Jamie Ford has listed 1st in recommended reading. I have a copy of that book and I purchased it (The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel Van Der Kolk, M.D.) based on Tara Smith's recommendation! This is a fierce read, this Chinese family and their daughters is explored as well as anti-Chinese bias in America, resulting in a must read!

View all my reviews

No comments: