Wednesday, November 1, 2017

House Arrest by K.A. Holt

House ArrestHouse Arrest by K.A. Holt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh do I love K.A. Holt's novels in verse- they stop my heart with Timothy's house arrest, problems with hit little brother, his mother who won't accept help (so Timothy won't accept help either), and a father who fled because he couldn't handle the medical burden of his baby son. Once Timothy makes a very well intentioned but BAD attempt at theft to help pay for his brother's medicine- he must see a parole officer and therapist and journal for the year about his feelings and oh did I ache for him. This was a tough book to read but so relatable to what kids endure, their feeling of being alone, with no help, and not being able to do anything about it. I really love Jose's family, thank God for them. Holt's ability to use verse to tell this story was just so real, I could not put it down, everyone needs to read this book! Adults, kids, teens, teachers, health providers- a must read!

View all my reviews

No comments: