Sunday, November 26, 2017

A Million Junes by Emily Henry

A Million JunesA Million Junes by Emily Henry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this enchanting romance/paranormal story for #yabookchat which we will discuss 12/3 at 9pm EST, come join us! This was such a great read; I loved Emily Henry's debut The Love That Split the World but I LOVED this even more- Henry's style of writing pulls me right in; the world of June & Saul with feuding families; the magic of her house with its ghosts (Nameless & Feathers ), Whites, coywolves who take shoes, and the all encompassing grief June still feels at losing her Dad. The characters were all fleshed out, whether they are alive (like June and Saul) or dead (like her Dad and all the O'Donnell partriarchs) strange, spellbinding and all too real. The different "loves" were powerful from friends like Hannah, to June's mom and Toddy, June & Saul and most magic- the memories of June with/and her Dad. I loved getting to know the million Junes and rooted for June and Saul to break the curse but just maybe reunite the O'Donnell and Angert families. Highly recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments: