Friday, November 3, 2017

The Empress (Diabolic #2) by S.J. Kincaid

The Empress (The Diabolic #2)The Empress by S.J. Kincaid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well I have to say I loved the book for the first 80%, but the last 20% really hurt---still could not stop turning the pages! I know Kincaid writes a thrilling book, I could not put it down!!! There was so much going on with the politics in the court, the trip to see the Interdict, Pasus is evil to he core (I could not put it down, but as I read what he made Tyrus and others do I was truly sickened...) I will definitely read the 3rd book but I realize, the ending of this book, has spelled out a death knell that I should have seen coming...I love Nemesis and Tyrus together but the world is against them and when Nemesis makes a decision that takes her away from Tyrus for 4 years, well you can only guess the worse happens---but like Nemesis, I hoped for a great homecoming, never seeing that her decision and all its implications- was too long and painful for Tyrus. That darn drug, Tyrus having to make Pasus family, all culminate in a Tyrus so changed I hated him to the core. Now I am left with waiting for the 3rd book, knowing there can be no coming back for Nemesis and Tyrus, so Kincaid better come up with some whopper for the 3rd book. This book has so many plot twists and turns, my heart was up and down, my aggravation knew no bounds, and my wishes are dashed- so it was amazing but I can't get over the Tyrus/Nemesis debacle, but I guess I understand, but I don't like it at all...

View all my reviews

No comments: