Thursday, August 2, 2018

Knockout by K. A. Holt

KnockoutKnockout by K.A. Holt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Just as I loved House Arrest so did I love Knockout which continues the family drama of Timothy and Levi. Holt is a master at novels in verse. I did not want to stop reading; I laughed with Levi but I also cried for Timothy's lost life. The characters, plot and action will thrill middle school readers and this novel in verse nails it with each word. My heart loved the interaction between the brothers writing back and forth (using Timothy's journal) was so real with words they could not say. Levi's friendship drama with his lifelong friend had many different kinds of moments, all so fraught with their tight bond being tested. I really liked the mom this time around, she annoyed me in House Arrest, but she listened to Timothy's counsel and that was progress for all involved. These 2 books are books I want to read again and again---love the family dynamics, the lifelong medical condition of Levi's (he wants to be normal in so many ways) and the progression to a satisfying end!!! Highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: