Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Home Safe by Elizabeth Burg

Home SafeHome Safe by Elizabeth Berg
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoy Elizabeth Burg and this book about a woman (an author) who has lost her husband, is grief stricken, and pondering why she and her daughter are at odds was a great read. I loved the plot, what did deceased husband, Dan, do with the $850,000 that he took from their account? Helen's insecurities, isms, and her forays into author appearances and teaching a writing class were all so interesting in getting to know who Helen really is and how she is grappling with life after Dan. I loved the character, Tom Ellis, and would have loved to have more of him in the book. Her daughter, Tessa, reminded me of how my sisters and I speak to our mom-"Mom, Mom, Mom!" Helen annoyed me often, but I saw how I am now too with my mother. A quick beach read!

View all my reviews

No comments: