Sunday, February 25, 2018

At the Edge of the Universe by Shaun David Hutchinson

At the Edge of the UniverseAt the Edge of the Universe by Shaun David Hutchinson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh did I love this book- there is so much to love in this book- great characters, a scifi component, friendship, family, and the many crises Ozzie (what a great kid) is presented with in this compelling, beautiful story of loss, life problems, secrets, and finding oneself. Ozzie's best friend and boy friend has suddenly disappeared and with this disappearance, his friends and family do not ever have any memory of Tommy!!! What is going on and therein comes the shrinking universe and Ozzie's obsession with that problem. There are so many different, characters in this book and I think I loved all of them- Hutchinson's writing - language and dialogue, was beautiful, aching and kept me turning the pages. A definite high school read with many tough topics- abuse, rape, cutting to name a few, but a must read and highly recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments: