Friday, May 18, 2018

My Oxford Year by Julia Whalen

My Oxford YearMy Oxford Year by Julia Whelan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh did I love this debut by awesome narrator Julia Whelan (I have listened to and loved many of her narrations as well) I was intrigued to listen to a debut and heroine, Ella Duran is one feisty, smart, compassionate character. Arriving to begin her work as a Rhodes Scholar (she also has a job back in the US which she conducts by phone or Skype) in English Lit which she really has no background in- but boy is she good with dates, authors, etc. I was mesmerized by Jamie Davenport from beginning to end- Whelan's descriptions of him and her British voice were so sexy and as a couple they were exciting with their forays, discussions, and their "no strings" romance (haha) but even more, I loved Ella's friends, Ella's thoughts, Ella's voice, and everything Ella. What a wonderful adventure for this reader; I'd like a series---Ella's life will be exciting, I am sure!

View all my reviews

No comments: