Monday, July 5, 2021

Circe by Madeline Miller

CirceCirce by Madeline Miller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Awesomely narrated by Perdita Weeks, this saga of Circe's life among the Gods and mortals was beautiful, fantastic, and compelling. Circe's life was not easy, always being misunderstood/threatened by her parents and the Gods who were not nice at all (evil creatures); constantly tearing Circe down and when she is banished to an island forever, I enjoyed listening to her thoughts and feelings as she navigates her isolated life and populates her house with wild animals who are tame to Circe, beginning her practice of witchcraft- learning the many herbs and plants that will sustain her life. I enjoyed the many people and gods who grace her door, her son, and the life she finally chooses to live. I can't wait to listen to The Song of Achilles now!

View all my reviews

No comments: