Wednesday, July 14, 2021

The Rose Cose by Kate Quinn

The Rose CodeThe Rose Code by Kate Quinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this for my Albright College Book Club Zoom & Kate Quinn has once again floored me with a historical fiction book that I could not put down! I did not know about the code breakers of Bletchley Park and OMG I could never take a secrecy oath like Mab, Beth and Osla did--much less everyone else who worked there. I loved these 3 women---their individual Lives before they met and their time as billet mates during the war. They were so very different women but once they meet, they are such fiercely close friends. Quinn did tireless research and I enjoyed her author notes so much---they gave background, and why she changed/added to stories and characters. I also loved their relationships with the men in their lives and Beth's love of her dog, Boots and her single-minded devotedness to her boss, even after he passed (her conversations with him as she imagined her in the room with her solving the puzzles and codes. There was much heartbreak and betrayal and that was so tough to read but WWII took no prisoners and life was not easy in the Huts for these girls who wanted to prove themselves during war time and help their countries. A must read!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: