Sunday, August 21, 2022

Meena Meets Her Match (Meena Zee, #1) by Karla Manternach

Meena Meets Her Match (Meena Zee, #1)Meena Meets Her Match by Karla Manternach
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this first book in the Meena Zee series, I will definitely be reading these and passing along to my granddaughters! Meena looks at the world in terms of bright colors and how "anything" (including trash & other disgusting stuff) cab be used for her art projects in school and at home. But the bright colors darken when Meena has a medical event that turns her world upside down. Also her best friend, Sophie stays in now at recess and Meena is upset and angry about this. I loved all the characters, the plot was so enjoyable, and all of the resolutions were authentic. I especially liked the Author Note at the end. I also liked that this book was for 3rd graders, a middle grade beginner book, readers will enjoy and ask for more!

View all my reviews

No comments: