Wednesday, August 10, 2022

The Women of Chateau of Lafayette by Stephanie Dray

The Women of Chateau LafayetteThe Women of Chateau Lafayette by Stephanie Dray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Many thanks to my Albright reading buddy, Mary McGrath Nakajima, for recommending this awesome read & stellar narration by Tavia Gilbert , Emma Bering , Rachel Jacobs! Even though I did not enjoy the horrors of my last historical fiction read (many many times I wanted to put it down for the misery it evoked) The Last Green Valley by Mark Sullivan; I was energized to read more and more about the heroines of Chateau Lafayette! These women (Marthe & Beatrice) strived to be like their heroine, Adrienne Lafayette (who emulated the ideals of freedom and equality of her husband, the Marquis de Lafayette) and the time periods this book spans were so thoroughly researched and plotted that I could not put this book down! Highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: