Wednesday, November 2, 2022

The Good Sister by Sally Hepworth

The Good SisterThe Good Sister by Sally Hepworth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this thriller as part of my Albright College Zoom Book Club and oh did I love it! Zig zagging between 3rd person description and Rose's journal entries, the reader learns about twins, Rose and Fern, as they grow up and present day. I think Fern is on the spectrum--- she does not like to be touched, going into public like swim meets, restaurants, bowling, all assault her vision and auditory processes (so she does not go) and she is a librarian with such an awesome love for books and the library (yay!) although she does not like to deal with the many questions about printers and computer problems:)
Rose can't have a baby, her husband left her and is away on a job, and Fern thinks she would love to help her sister and will try to have a baby for her. When Wally (Rocco Ryan) enters Fern's life while Rose is away trying to rekindle her marriage, things Fern did not like begin to change as her friendship grows with Wally.
I enjoyed the way Hepworth told this story weaving in and out about the sisters, their relationship with their mother, and their very entwined relationship. Suspenseful, a must read, and I will be reading other Sally Hepworth books!

View all my reviews

No comments: