Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Destiny Finds Here Way: How a Rescued Baby Sloth Learned to Be Wild (Baby Animal Tales) National Geographic Kids by Margarita Engle Photos by Sam Trull

Destiny Finds Her Way: How a Rescued Baby Sloth Learned to Be Wild (Baby Animal Tales)Destiny Finds Her Way: How a Rescued Baby Sloth Learned to Be Wild by Margarita Engle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love Margarita Engles' books so much, especially her novels in verse! When I saw she published a children's picture book on a sloth---my granddaughter's obsession---I had to get it for her & me!!! This story, a true story with totally awesome photographs by Sam Trull! What I learned about sloths (2 main types The two-fingered & the three-fingered) was mesmerizing. Along with Destiny's riveting story, the photographs also demonstrate immensely how sloths' are losing their habitat. Children, teens and adults all have so much to learn from this book. I loved Destiny's story but I also enjoyed how Engle showed the reader the important animals, plants & vegetation. The end notes, the map, and important information are a must read as well. Highly recommended for all readers!

View all my reviews

No comments: