Sunday, March 12, 2023

Horse by Geraldine Brooks

HorseHorse by Geraldine Brooks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Read this for my Albright College zoom book club and the back and forth history of the characters & horses was intense and so enlightening! My heart broke a lot reading this book---especially for the character Jarret, a slave who lives with Lexington his whole life and Theo and Jess who live in the present and discover a shared passion in their jobs---horse bones & art history & a dog. This book encompassed the racism that was present in the past & still in the present---I did not like the horse racing either because of the toll it took on the horses from obsessed owners. I loved learning Lexington's history as a race horse & stud and the bond with Jarret was beautiful. Highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: