Monday, September 25, 2023

Fall of Wrath and Ruin (Awakening, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Fall of Ruin and Wrath (Awakening, #1)Fall of Ruin and Wrath by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely loved this 1st book in the Awakening series! Lis is a mortal, lowborn Lis is an orphan who has known starvation, abuse and with her friend, Grady they stick together. Lis knows the future just by touching someone, so she doesn't really do that. She saves Grady and her future when she becomes the paramour of the baron of Archwood who is a celestia (mortal descended from the joining of a lowborn) and a Hyhborn (created from the earth) ; they have been living a good life until one night her intuition bades her go out of the castle not knowing what she will find. In the barn, there is a man with blood all over him and stakes pinning him down. What Lis does not know is that she is rescuing and saving Prince Thorn. There is wonderful world building, I loved the chemistry between Lis & Thorn and as the mysteries grow---the suspense is so gripping I read this book in 2 days!!! I can't wait for the 2nd book!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: