Wednesday, February 14, 2024

The Women by Kristin Hannah

The WomenThe Women by Kristin Hannah
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Many thanks to Janet, my librarian friend, for purchasing this gut wrenching read I could not put down. Frances is an idealistic Catholic girl who wants to follow her brother into the Vietnam War, she is a nurse and becomes a very good one, in horrific conditions but with the support of nurse friends and doctors. This is a must read - research is lengthy with many sources provided and experts/war personnel. I will be thinking of the characters, the country of Vietnam and its people, and the veterans who went into the war, gave their life and the veterans who returned to no fanfare, just derision, and had to "find" their way. Highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: