Sunday, June 3, 2018

Vincent and Theo: The Van Gogh Brothers by Deborah Heiligman

Vincent and Theo: The Van Gogh BrothersVincent and Theo: The Van Gogh Brothers by Deborah Heiligman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to this excellent nonfiction book about the Van Gogh Brothers as part of the 2018 HUB Challenge and I really enjoyed the narration by Phil Fox- he was able to reach the many highs and lows in Vincent and Theo's letters to each other throughout their lives, as a reader I was mesmerized by these two brothers, their life, their selfless love for each other, yet, they also were not perfect, frustrated by each other, yet there was a fervent caring for each other that was very special. I also liked the journey of Vincent's art, the beauty of his calling as an artists and his deeply profound wish to have the world see and understand his art. Such a wonderful book; a must read for all!

View all my reviews

No comments: