Wednesday, June 27, 2018

I Have Lost My Way by Gayle Forman

I Have Lost My WayI Have Lost My Way by Gayle Forman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a oowerfully GOOD read- 3 teens meet in NYC after an accident brings them together. Freya has a beautiful voice and singing contract but for unkown reasons, she can't sing anymore. Harun loves Ben but can't come out to his family and suffers terribly. Nathaniel and his father live together but it is a very solitary existence, but even more so after he loses his eye, baseball, and friends. In one day, they bond, become friends, and even more life lines for each other. I loved Forman's plot (could not put my kindle down), each character is believable (and powerful) as they suffer loss (through flashbacks) and cemented friendship and support they all desperately need from one another. Family, friendship, secrets are all deftly, heartbreakingly explored- great for adult readers too (since these seem to be more mature teens).

View all my reviews

No comments: