Sunday, June 17, 2018

Devils Within by S.F. Henson

Devils WithinDevils Within by S.F. Henson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Henson's debut awesome, glad I read it for 2018 HUB Challenge! A must read for all - reminded me of Bang by Barry Lyga (with the self-hatred) and his series, I Hunt Killers (with the awful awful father). Nate's fatheris the head of the Fort, a white aryan group, but Nate has been abused, indoctrinated with hate, and terrorized by his father and the group. Luckily he had a few years of love from his mother---but Nate murders his father, spends time in juvie because his lawyers are able to prove he has PTSD, but not everyone believes him, and he is still pursued by the Fort. This story is just beginning and I could not put it down, the life that these poor people live when they get caught up in the web of the Aryan movement, is so abhorrent. I truly loved Nate and all he suffered, wanted, but his self-hatred was always there. The author based this book on actual events and the research shows, this is a book teens (and everyone else) MUST READ! This cycle must be broken;; "education and discussion are the first steps to opening hearts and changing minds (p. 390)."

View all my reviews

No comments: