Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Fighting Ruben Wolf by Markus Zusak

Fighting Ruben Wolfe (Wolfe Brothers, #2)Fighting Ruben Wolfe by Markus Zusak
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As a new high school librarian in 2003, this was one of my favorite and first books to read. This book started me as a Markus Zusak fan. In re-reading it again for the 2014 Hub Challenge, this book of two Australian brothers who fight to make money to help out their father with his finances is still a winner of family dysfunction, sibling rivalry, and the tough life of the Wolfe brothers. Ruben is a natural at fighting, wins all the girls, and has no fear. Cameron, the younger brother, is sensitive, not really great at fighting and has many fears. My students loved this book; the readers, the reluctant readers, and the urban fiction readers (and reading teachers) all liked this book.

View all my reviews

No comments: