Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Getting the Girl by Markus Zusak

Getting the Girl (Wolfe Brothers, #3)Getting the Girl by Markus Zusak
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In re-reading this book for the 2014 Hub Challenge, I wanted Cameron to succeed, I wanted him to get the girl, and Zusak does a great job of showing Cameron's insecurities, his depth of character, and how getting the girl changes his relationship with Ruben. Even though he doesn't have her for long, and Ruben beats him up, it is his sister who helps Cameron find himself through poems and observations. Cameron is a strong protagonist who finds his place in his family and in the world with his questions and pining about relationships with girls. Cameron gets my vote any day as the Wolfe brother who matters.

View all my reviews

No comments: