Friday, February 21, 2014

The Scar Boys by Len Vlahos

The Scar BoysThe Scar Boys by Len Vlahos
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I got my ARC at ALA Midwinter in Philadelphia and this book is so good on so many levels. It is about Harbinger Jones, whose voice is real, authentic, knowing, and damaged. He is scarred (both mentally and physically ---he was hit by lightning, while tied to a tree by a bully)as a child and this disfigurement follows him (in waves) throughout the book, and will his entire life. It is a story of friendship, a love of music, a band tour, and ultimately how Harry succeeds as a person and friend. I loved Vlahos' words, characters and the depth of his feeling for Harry, his parents, Johnny, Richie and Cheyenne; highly recommended. This is a great guy book, but girls will love it too and also adults.

View all my reviews

No comments: