Sunday, September 24, 2017

Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson

AllegedlyAllegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Debut author's Allegedly is deeply disturbing as the reader follows Mary who allegedly killed a 3 month old baby she and her wacko Mom were babysitting. Mary was sympathetic but I ached for her to tell the truth throughout her years in baby jail. Wanting to keep my blinders on, I desperately wanted a happy ending, and boy did that ending take my breath away. I loved Miss Cora and her SAT tutor and wished they could effect some major change. But, with life, there are many hurtles and Mary got many of those hurtles, which happens with so many kids who have dysfunctional families, mental illness, violence and lies. A compelling read.

View all my reviews

No comments: