Thursday, September 21, 2017

I Believe In A Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo

I Believe in a Thing Called LoveI Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I totally enjoyed Goo's funny book about super achiever, Desi - she is a great soccer player, student body president, involved in after school clubs and activities and very close with her dad, Appa. It is only when it comes to guys that she has ALL Flairures (love that made up word by Desi's friends)!!! When she meets new guy, Luka Drakos, Desi decides to plan her path to this her first boyfriend. By watching Korean dramas with her Dad, she crafts The K Drama Steps To True Love, which entails binge watching the Korean RomComs, taking notes and presenting to her friends Fiona and Wes how she will "catch" Luka. What the reader sees from the get-go is that Luka really likes her from the first moment they meet and despite the many steps she achieves (many with disastrous results) on her list - she and Luka, kiss, fall in love, etc. But, Desi is her own worst enemy and I enjoyed seeing her learn from her many disasters. I rooted for Desi & Luka (oh is he swoon worthy) loved her Dad and stalwart best friends. Goo has crafted a funny novel filled with good drama teens will enjoy, see themselves in and want to pass on to their friends!

View all my reviews

No comments: