Thursday, September 21, 2017

Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity #1) by Elizabeth Wein

Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1)Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed the narration by Morgan Christie and Lucy Gaskell about 2 women flying during WWII one Julia) is captured by the Nazis and forced to write confessions about codes, locations, etc while she believes her best friend Maddie is dead (she is not). I am not a fan of the unreliable narrator but with this WWII spy theme, I totally understood why Wein employed this in order to betray the Nazis, keep Julia alive while writing and tell the friendship of Julia and Maddie. There is spying, subterfuge, and missions of flying and resistance in this historical fiction novel; Elizabeth Wein is an author extraordinaire telling this story, weaving a sick story of torture, with deep strong characters (I loved Jamie especially), code names for spies, and intense interrogations.

View all my reviews

No comments: