Thursday, November 21, 2019

A Curse So Dark and Lonely(Cursebreakers #1) by Brigid Kemmerer

A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can't wait for the 2nd book, so happy this will be a series & I can revisit with Harper, Prince Rhen, CommanderGrey and the villagers of Emberfall!!! I loved everything about Harper; she is fearless, courageous, protective of others, loves her family, and will not let her cerebral palsy define her. I rooted for her to break the curse, fall in love with Rhen, and vanquish the monster. Rhen and Grey stole my heart with their resolute yet resigned support of one another. I also loved the alternate worlds of D.C. and Emberfall, the fantasy, the changes in Harper, Rhen & Grey as they unite with their plot (alliance) with Harper as the Princess of Disi, bringing armies to strengthen Emberfall's borders. I loved the thrill of this retelling of Beauty and the Beast; I stayed up way late to finish this awesome read that gave me so many highs and lows, so much hope just to have it dashed (hated Lilith), Brigid Kemmerer's lush language, her story, her world building were just breathtaking and so enjoyable for this reader!

View all my reviews

No comments: