Friday, November 15, 2019

The Black Dahlia (L.A. Quartet #1) by James Ellroy

The Black Dahlia (L.A. Quartet, #1)The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this mystery as a part of the Springfield Township Library Book Club taking place Thursday 11/21 at 7PM. This will be my first time participating in this book club. I liked this mystery but I did not love it because the 2 main characters were not likable; Bucky and Lee were fighters and become partners investigating the gruesome murder of Betty Short, also fighting each other, and finally a bizarre spiral that destroys Bucky and Lee as they investigate the murder and find out more than they want about dirty cops, lying partners and double crosses. This book was too dark for me but I felt compelled to keep picking it back up; did I like Bucky---not by the end but I hoped he would save himself. Unlike the true story, this book has the mystery solved and boy was that very strange but almost everything in this detective mystery made me cringe.

View all my reviews

No comments: