Saturday, March 21, 2020

Missing Mike by Shari Green

Missing MikeMissing Mike by Shari Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this book for the #MGBookChat this Monday 3/23/20 at 9PM EST to discuss novels in verse for middle grades, come join us! This is my first Shari Green (@sharigreen) novel and I just loved it! I will be reading and reviewing her other two before the twitter chat, I can't wait! Missing Mike had all the elements I love in a book; a pet, Mike the dog, and what a personality, loved by his human, Cara, who has a larger than life personality, is devoted to Mike, and facing loss with a wildfire that has consumed her family's home and in the process of evacuating, losing Mike. There are so many wonderful quotes I gleaned from this drama- how Cara, family and friends pull together to help each other, all while dealing with overwhelming feelings of loss. A must read for all!

View all my reviews

No comments: