Thursday, June 17, 2021

The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave

The Last Thing He Told MeThe Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this suspenseful mystery for my Albright College Zoom Book Club and I loved the way author Dave had it set up---I could not stop turning the pages! Hannah receives a stunning note from her husband, Owen, with the words Protect Her and with that Hannah's world as she knew it ends---but as she tries to find her husband, the chapters jump back and forth (with great titles) with great titles and the mystery mounts. Hannah tries to figure out what is happening--she has been married to Owen for 18 months, his daughter Bailey hates her, the US Marshal's and the FBI want information from her (which she does not have). I loved the romance of Hannah and Owen, their life together BEFORE, and the kind of people they were separately and together. As Hannah and Bailey try to figure out what is going on, the company and owner he worked for is front pages news, with Hannah hopelessly fighting to save her marriage, which is falling apart as she and Bailey put the puzzle pieces together. The suspense was awesome although I did not like the ending (how could you) the reader knows this is the only possible resolution. I can't wait for our discussion!

View all my reviews

No comments: