Monday, June 28, 2021

Wings of Ebony (Wings of Ebony, #1) by J. Elle

Wings of Ebony (Wings of Ebony, #1)Wings of Ebony by J. Elle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Awesomely narrated by Bahni Turpin, I loved listening to all her voices and this pulse pounding story of Black teen, Rue, whose life is turned upside down when her mother is murdered. Her father who is a god wisks her away to his magic world Ghizon. Going back and forth from her short time in Ghizon to the present where all hell is breaking loose. Rue is never to go back and see her sister, Tasha but she sneaks back on the anniversary of her mother's death and when she touches her sister (which she should never do) her sister becomes a target. Now Rue must come to a decision on how to save her sister and neighborhood --can she use magic and her wits? I loved all the drama and Rue's doubts, allegiances, and smarts. I can't wait for Book 2!

View all my reviews

No comments: