Monday, November 22, 2021

The Scholar (Cormac Reilly, #2) by Dervla McTiernan

The Scholar (Cormac Reilly, #2)The Scholar by Dervla McTiernan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cormac's girlfriend Emma discovers a murdered girl (hit and run) as she leaves her lab; calling Cormac immediately, he discovers a grisly murder that he should not investigate due to his relationship with Emma. The murdered girl has an ID on her misidentifying her as Carline Darcy, heir to the Darcy Labs (where Emma works). Once again awesomely narrated by Aoife McMahon, I could not stop listening as the murder investigation spins out of control. I did love Peter Fisher and Carrie, the invesigators. All the other Garda were awful, they don't like Cormac, they spread rumors about him, and even the boss always seems to be setting Cormac up...a solid psychological thriller. Jumping onto the 3rd and maybe the last? (I hope not).

View all my reviews

No comments: