Sunday, January 23, 2022

Clarice the Brave by Lisa McMann

Clarice the BraveClarice the Brave by Lisa McMann
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a great story!!! I love animal stories and Clarice, her brother, Charles Sebastian and her sworn enemy, the cat, Special Lady were my favorites! Imagine you are on a ship, a mutiny occurs and then the traitors are pushed onto a small leaky boat and Clarice and her brother are separated! While Clarice winds up on the leaky boat, her baby brother is on the ship. Surprise, surprise when Clarice realizes she is not the only animal on the boat with the Captain and his crew---the cat, Special Lady is looking at Clarice as her next meal. So much happens on the 2 boats and the 2 mice, I could not stop turning the pages---there is adventure on the high seas, but also awful storms, hunger and thirst, starvation trying to stay alive. I loved this story so much and middle grade students will too!

View all my reviews

No comments: