Sunday, April 10, 2022

The Diamond Eye by Kate Quinn

The Diamond EyeThe Diamond Eye by Kate Quinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Awesomely narrated by Saskia Maarleveld, I loved this audiobook (and I am sure the book is just as GOOD) so much---if I could have sat and listened to the whole 12 hours and 51 minutes, I would have---the plot and Saskia's narration were riveting, pulse pounding and thrilling! I will be reading the book because I intend to have this title read by my Albright College Zoom Book Club and I know I will just love it even more then. The story of a Russian history major, Mila Pavlichenko, becoming the most deadly sniper in Russian history, during Hitler's invasion of Russia, was captivating due to so many things in her life---she was 15 when she meets Pavlichenko and he seduces her, she gets pregnant and must marry him. He is a thoroughly despicable person who is only out for himself and he tortures Mila every time they meet - he also never appears the 2 time she spends money she does not have to divorce him! Luckily Mila has wonderful parents who she lives with after the end of her marriage. She loves her son so much and only wants to complete her dissertation and raise him to the most wonderful son she knows he is. But that is interrupted when she is drafted and becomes the famous sniper. I could go on and on about this book---but this is a MUST READ! Mila, her life, and her place in history are in my heart forever due to Kate Quinn's compelling research and her power to craft the best STORY! Highly reocmmended.

View all my reviews

No comments: