Monday, May 30, 2022

The Murder Rule by Dervla McTiernan

The Murder RuleThe Murder Rule by Dervla McTiernan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Great narration by Kate Orsini , Sophie Amoss , Michael Crouch as I compulsively cobbled this mystery, thriller about a law student who has a vendetta against a man in prison and now coming up for a hearing on The Innocence Project. I loved all the narrators as they led me through this compulsive mystery; I was not really a fan of Hannah other than her gift of being able to persuade people to let her do what she wants. But the story is compelling---when Hannah was 14 she read her mother's journals and what happened to her that summer has driven Hannah's decisions to make sure this guy stays in prison---but what happens is that Hannah is confronted by her mother's lies and manipulations as she strives to have the real story (her mother's story) come out. It takes Hannah connecting with the prisoner, Shawn (her colleague) and his mother to make her realize she has been duped and how she handles this is pure Hannah once again---and hopefully she will become the better person, she knows she can and should be.

View all my reviews

No comments: