Sunday, July 24, 2022

Young Mungo by Douglas Stuart

Young MungoYoung Mungo by Douglas Stuart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Narrated by Chris Reilly, Mungo is a a young teen living in hell with a mother who leaves & disappears from the family. Mungo has a sister and brother (Hamish is dangerous, a gang leader who hates Catholics & gay people) and life is bleak until he meets James, who is a Catholic (not good) and gay (not good) and they forge a friendship where James raises his beloved pigeons, talk about a future that includes them and accepts them. It was very hard to listen to this book---neglectful parents, violence, rape, fighting, and so much dysfunction it made for a difficult read and because of my mind at this time, I really did not enjoy either of Douglas Stuart's books like I wanted to...

View all my reviews

No comments: