Friday, October 7, 2022

The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict and Victoria Christopher Murray

The Personal LibrarianThe Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Many thanks to my librarian friend, MaryAlice Briggs for lending me her copy of this awesome historical fiction book! I loved the story of Belle de costa Greene and her life and her job as J.P. Morgan's personal librarian. Fraught with mystery and suspense and the time in history, Belle becomes as famous as her employer, with her love of books and artwork, and her study of humanity as she flirts, uses her mouth as both honest and hiding her real identity and famous for her style. This reader rooted for Belle as she maneuvered her way around those who admired and/or hated her. A part of history I was totally unaware of and prepared for, I could not stop turning the pages in this thoroughly researched book! A must read!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: