Friday, April 21, 2023

Mad Honey by Jodi Picoult and Jennifer Finney Boylan

Mad HoneyMad Honey by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Many thanks to Cara McBrien for lending me this gut wrenching, awesome read about teens falling in love, reality and the truth come crashing in and someone is dead! Lily and Olivia are the main characters telling the story from their viewpoint, before and after. It is a look at Olivia's son's Asher's romance with Lily, and Olivia's abusive marital relationship until she ran with Asher to a normal life of beekeeping, until it wasn't. I loved the courtroom scenes with Olivia's brother as a brilliant lawyer working with his wife as investigator to prove Asher innocent. There was so much to take in, but I have read many LGBTQ books also transgender books as a YA librarian and I just keep reading them because they are a must read and each book is more enlightening, engrossing, and relatable. There was so much suspense I could not put this book down!

View all my reviews

No comments: